Maker Party @JODHPUR Event Report

Leave a Comment

Maker Party @JODHPUR

 Event Report



       Maker Party(Teach the web) – Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
     School Name: Bal Niketan
        Date: 8th Aug Time: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.



What a Journey it has been , Quiet Overwhelming I must Say . From Knowing Nothing About Makerparties to hosting one. Loving the experience of Public speaking and Evangelism. Now it was the time for Jodhpur To witness Another maker Party. I was told about having an audience of 200 but due to Saturday , The gathering was approximately  120-150.

The Target Audience was the children of Class 11 and 12 , but I was Told to take a small session of class 9 and 10 also.I started with Interacting the children of class 11 and 12 merged in a hall. They Seem Quite Interested in Knowing more about Web and its Uses.
I started the session by Delivering content on What is web and how it is Useful.
I briefed them about what sort of Things they can do on web that can make their life easier including basic things like ticket booking , banking , recharges , shopping , etc. This session turned interesting when students started to put questions on how things are done and I was quite happy to teach them.

Due to Connectivity issues and Lack of Computer Labs , I was restricted to let them have a hands on webmaker but I tried my best to introduce them to its features.The Session stretched about 2 hours and then I was told to switch to junior Classes.


Juniors were even more enthusiastic and were quite eager and curious to learn new things. I introduce them to the internet world and how it can help them in their projects and learning.I also taught them some basic HTML tags.Then I took a small quiz . I concluded the Session by Distributing the swags to the students who answered the quiz questions.
Links:
Etherpad : https://etherpad.mozilla.org/MakerPartyJodhpur

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me